MDIS Singapore (Management Development Institute of Singapore)
Founded in 1956, MDIS Singapore is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS Singapore has two main subsidiaries: Management Development Institute of Singapore Pte Ltd to oversee its Singapore academic operations, and MDIS International Pte Ltd to further its globalisation strategy.
MDIS Singapore offers well-accredited courses in Business and Management, Engineering, Fashion Design, Health and Life Sciences, Information Technology, Mass Communications, Nursing, Psychology and Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management. These programmes are offered in collaboration with renowned universities in France, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
The institute set up the MDIS Education Trust Fund in 1999 to support deserving students who have financial difficulties in pursuing their education in Singapore. To date, MDIS Singapore has awarded more than some 7,500 scholarships and bursaries totalling nearly S$6 million. The institute also upholds the spirit of giving by actively reaching out to help the young, elderly and disabled, supporting various charities, and providing community assistance.
MDIS Singapore’ corporate training arm, the Management Development and Consultancy was set up in 1995 to cater to the training needs of the workforce. In 2014, MDIS acquired the Service Quality Centre to diversify its offerings in training solutions and secure the institute’s position as a premium provider of training solutions in the region.
Apart from the main Singapore campus, MDIS has three international campuses – Tashkent, Uzbekistan; Johor, Malaysia; and Chennai, India, set up in 2008, 2013 and 2015 respectively. MDIS also has representative offices in China, India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and Thailand, as well as agents throughout Southeast Asia.
MDIS Singapore Facilities
MDIS Singapore has a history of providing training and educational services to the community and nation. The S$35 million MDIS Campus in Stirling Road occupies a three-hectare land area and boasts of 70 well-equipped classrooms, five computer laboratories, four life sciences laboratories, four engineering laboratories and workshops, three fashion labs, a psychology laboratory, a hospitality training centre, a media hub (TV and Radio studios), as well as the MDIS Bakery and Culinary Studio. The campus also has an amphitheatre to house art performances and other events, as well as fully-equipped sports facilities such as a gymnasium and badminton courts.
The campus is Wi-Fi enabled, allowing students access to the World Wide Web anywhere on campus. In addition, MDIS enhances students’ learning experience with the Blackboard Learning System and video streaming technology that allows online access to lecture notes, learning resources and recorded lessons anytime, anywhere.
MDIS Singapore has another learning centre, MDIS Dhoby Ghaut, at Orchard Road.
Award and Certification
MDIS Singapore is EduTrust certified, attesting to the institute’s exemplary education and business excellence standards. The institute was first awarded the certification in 2010 and it was subsequently renewed for another four years in 2014. MDIS is also one of the first Private Education Institutions (PEIs) to be registered under the Enhanced Registration Framework.
MDIS is one of the leading PEIs to be ranked Top 2 among PEIs in Singapore, according to the Webometrics ranking of World Universities by Cybermetrics Lab in January 2017 (https://www.webometrics.info/en/Asia/Singapore%20). In 2015, MDIS received the Enterprise 50 Award for its contributions and resilience in spurring Singapore’s economy.
MDIS Integrated Campus of the Future
The MDIS Residences@Stirling is the very first hostel in Singapore to be awarded the Green Mark GoldPlus Award. Costing S$80 million, the 15-storey hostel consists of 782 air-conditioned rooms, 14 suites, a lecture theatre and cafeteria. The eco-friendly hostel can accommodate some 1,700 students and is fully-integrated so that students can live, learn and play in an interactive and conducive environment.
Why Study in Singapore?
- Singapore is well-known for its educational excellence
- A metropolitan city with rich multicultural heritage, and ranked 2nd in The Economist’s Safe Cities Index
- A great place for food lovers to enjoy a wide range of cuisines from different ethnic groups
- Explore the thriving arts and culture scene, plus the cosmopolitan retail experience
- With an integrated transport system and a world-class airport, students can look forward to enhanced access to countries within Asia Pacific
Baca juga: Kuliah di Singapura
Why Study with MDIS?
MDIS: A Pioneer in Education Founded in 1956, the Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) is the country’s oldest professional institute for lifelong learning. It is also a leading private institute in the country.
Students from 82 countries
Gain an international perspective of Singapore through the eyes of different cultures and traditions. Expand your network to better opportunities in the workforce.
Variety of academic programmes to suit different interests
We partner with globally-recognised universities from:
- United Kingdom; and
- United States of America
Apart from the academic curricula, students can also:
- Join special interest groups such as Toastmasters Club, Dance Club, and Photography Club
- Join sports interest groups such as Badminton Club, Basketball Club, Cricket Club and Soccer Club
- Acquire soft skills to enhance interpersonal relationships in preparation for the working world
The Wifi-enabled MDIS Campus in Stirling Road occupies a three-hectare land area with the following facilities:
- 15-storey eco-friendly hostel on campus
- Life sciences and computer laboratories
- Hospitality training centre
- TV and radio production studios
- Engineering laboratory and workshops
- Fashion studio
- Gymnasium, dance studio and badminton court
- 24-hour convenience store on campus
- Nearby amenities such as sports complex and swimming pool
- Professional Certificate in English (PCIE)
- Master in International Business ( degree from Grenoble Graduate School of Business, France)
- MBA (degree from University of Sunderland, UK)
- MBA in Banking and Finance (degree from Bangor University, UK)
- MBA in International Marketing (degree from Bangor University, UK)
- Master of Science in Project Management (degree from Northumbria University, UK)
- Master of Science in Health Sciences (Management) (degree from Northumbria University, UK)
- Master of Science Tourism and Hospitality (University of Sunderland, UK)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting & Financial Management / Business & Marketing (University of Sunderland, UK) – Top Up Degree
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Business Studies & Finance / Banking & Finance / Accounting & Finance (Bangor University, UK)
- Advanced Diploma in Management Studies (Accounting & Finance / Business Administration)
- Diploma in Management Studies (DMS)
- International Foundation Diploma in Management Studies (IFD)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Northumbria University, UK)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (Northumbria University, UK)
- International Foundation Diploma in Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management (Top-up)
(University of Sunderland, UK)
- Higher Diploma in Tourism, Hospitality and Events Management
- International Foundation Diploma in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management
- BA (Hons) Fashion Product and Promotion (University of Sunderland, UK)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Fashion Design (Nottingham Trent University, UK)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Fashion Marketing & Branding (Nottingham Trent University, UK)
- Diploma in Fashion Design and Marketing
- International Foundation Diploma in Fashion Design and Marketing
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Biotechnology (Northumbria University, UK)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Biomedical Sciences (Northumbria University, UK)
- International Diploma in Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Liberal Studies with concentration in Mass Communication)
(Oklahoma University, USA) – Top Up Degree
- International Diploma in Mass Communication
- International Foundation Diploma in Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Science (in Behavioural Studies with concentration in Psychology) (Oklahoma City University,USA) – Top Up Degree
- Higher Diploma in Psychology
- International Foundation Diploma in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Information Technology (Teeside University, UK)
- International Diploma in Information Technology
- International Foundation Diploma in Information Technology
Scholarships and Grants
MDIS Merit Scholarship (International)
The objective of the MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) is to recognise outstanding academic achievements and provide high caliber international students with the opportunity to develop their full potential. The scholarships are awarded to qualified students on the basis of academic merit, leadership potential, special talents or other personal characteristic in students.
MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) Award
- MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) for Master’s Degree valued at S$4,000 each for foreigners.
- MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) for Bachelor’s Degree valued at S$3,200 each for foreigners.
- MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) for Pre-Degree programme valued at S$500 each for foreigners.
- Must apply for admission to MDIS before MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) application can be reviewed.
- Have demonstrated record of academic achievement.
- Have strong leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- For company-sponsorships, MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) applicants can apply on condition that the company sponsors the remaining programme fees.
Terms and Conditions
- The MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) application is open throughout the year, but applicants are required to submit their applications at least one month before the commencement of their course.
- This MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) scheme is NOT APPLICABLEfor MDIS Staff and Progression Students.
- This MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) scheme is ONLY APPLICABLEfor NEW Applicants for MDIS Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree programmes.
- MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) will be used to offset the course fees and it will be deducted from the last instalment.
- MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) recipients are not bonded by MDIS.
- Shortlisted MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) applicants will be required to go through an interview before being awarded the MDIS Merit Scholarship (International).
- The MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) award does not cover the following: non-tuition fees (i.e. membership entrance and annual subscription, MDIS experience seminars, medical insurance, and fee protection scheme); remodule fees; trip expenses (if applicable) and other miscellaneous fees or expenses.
- Successful MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) applicants will not be entitled for any other grants, rebates or scholarships from MDIS.
- Successful MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) applicants must attend the annual MDIS Scholarship and Bursary Awards ceremony.
MDIS Merit Scholarship (International) Application Form – Please submit supporting documents together with the Application Form